- Poverty Mitigation and Affordable Housing – To meet basic needs such as food and shelter, or to give the disadvantaged an opportunity to generate wealth.
- Housing development and community improvement.
- Home adaptations for the elderly and disabled
- Public Health – To prevent diseases and create healthy environments and conditions to prolong life and promote positive health outcomes.
- Healthy and active lifestyles (breastfeeding, exercise, alcohol mitigation, and substance abuse prevention)
- Infectious diseases (Hepatitis, TB and HIV/AIDS).
- Chronic conditions (substance use disorder, diabetes, and mental health).
- Access to information and services for the disenfranchised to effectively address disparities.
- Applied Research – To adapt or develop evidence-based programs, which incorporate proven evidence-based practices.
- Solve specific social or health issues affecting individuals or groups.
- Find practical solutions that may improve health.
- Develop and test new strategies or technologies.
- Social Justice – To mitigate stigma and promote a culture of inclusion
- Advocacy by community coalitions that promote positive structural change and address the drivers of behavioral, social, or environmental issues that create health instability among racial/ethnic populations.
- Skill acquisition using targeted methodologies to improve skills, such as mobilization skill in communities in crisis.
- Advocacy by transgender, gender non-conforming, and non-binary individuals dealing with issues, such as legal recognition of their identity, as well as medical, food, or housing insecurity.
- Community Events, education, and training to fight stigma and foster a local culture if respect and dignity for marginalized folks in our area..
Previous Article:About Us
Next Article:Areas of Expertise